Pick n Pay Employee Bursary Scheme
Bursaries are only for the dependents of Pick n Pay employees. Students who received a Pick n Pay bursary in 2015 should not apply. A bursary renewal form will be sent to them by the end of September.
Only new applicants or applicants whose applications were not previously successful and who satisfy the following criteria will be considered:
1. Applicants must have a mother or a father or a legal guardian who is an employee of Pick n Pay.
2. Only casual employees of Pick n Pay will themselves be considered for a bursary. Employees in full-time employment of Pick n Pay are not eligible for a bursary.
3. Applicants must in the current year be registered at a public University of Technology or University for a national diploma or a degree. Bursaries are only allocated to students who have successfully completed their first year of study. Applicants must therefore be at least in their first year of study when they apply.
4. Applicants must have passed 50% or more of their first semester 2015 courses/modules.
5. Bursaries are for undergraduate and Honours academic programmes only. Honours degrees will only be sponsored in exceptional cases.
Please note that the allocation of bursaries on the basis of the June 2015 results (or official progress reports in the case of year courses/modules) will be provisional.
Please remember to upload copies of the following proofing documents:
a. A copy of your June exam results or an appropriate progress report if no examination was written.
b. A copy of your Matric / NSC results.
c. Two testimonials: The first by a responsible educational official like your principal or lecturer and the other by your spiritual leader or any other community leader.
d. A payslip of your parent who is a Pick n Pay employee.
e. A copy of your South African ID.
- Pick n Pay will be provided with a list of applicants to confirm that at least one of your parents is a Pick n Pay employee.
- Studietrust should confirm if the applicant is successful by the end of December in the form of an e-mail.
- Due to a possible postal strike and the likelihood of your application not reaching us before the closing date, we encourage applicants to make use of the Studietrust website online application facility .
- Alternatively, application forms can be downloaded from Studietrust website.
- If you require an application form to be posted to you, please sms the word STUDY, your name, surname, postal address & postal code to 31022. (Standard sms rates apply)
- Completed application forms may still be submitted to the postal address, Studietrust, Private bag X16, Braamfontein, 2017.
- For applying online, please indicate in the relevant space that you are applying for a Pick n Pay bursary. We will, however, consider your application for other bursaries too, so you only have to apply ONCE.
· The closing date for requesting an application form is 31 August.
· The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of application
Acknowledgement of receipt
Studietrust (the Pick n Pay bursary administrator) receives thousands of application forms each year and it is therefore not possible for us to acknowledge receipt of all completed forms. All applications will be considered and selection will take place from September to December. All applicants will be notified of the outcome not later than 31 December.
Contact Studietrust if you need more information: