The Investec Bank CSI Bursary Programme
Investec, in partnership with StudyTrust, offers partial bursaries to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a Commercial LLB. These degrees represent fields of relevance to the financial services and other key industries.
Instructions for submission of application forms
º Applications will only be considered if completed in full and signed by the applicant and if all the supporting documents have been included.
º Documents that accompany the application form must be certified
· South African ID
· Grade 11 results
· This year’s June results (or your latest results if you are not studying this year)
· Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12
· Tertiary students: June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written)
· Payslips for your parent(s)/ guardian if employed (or letter from employer and sworn statement or tax return statement stating income)
· Latest financial statements if your parent/ guardian is self-employed
· Sworn affidavits if your parent(s)/ guardian is/ are unemployed
· Death certificates if your parent(s) is/ are deceased
· Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced
· Sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated
Selection criteria for selected educational institutions
º The main criteriafor the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
º Bursary applications are invited from young people who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university (academic) degree in:
· Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance),
· BCom Informatics,
· BSc Computer Science,
· BSc Information Technology,
· BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology,
· BIS-Bachelor of Information Science,
· Business Science,
· Science and Mathematics, Engineering or Commercial LLB
» Only first year Actuarial Science students already at university will be considered.
Academic selection criteria:
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 and applicants already in possession of a National Senior certificate should have obtained at least 50% in all
their subjects with a minimum of 70% in Mathematics(not Maths Literacy) and 70% in English.
- NB: Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice. Consult the websites of the universities for application deadlines.
- When completing the application form, please clearly specify the exact degree programme for which you need a bursary, the name of the educational institution where you plan to study and the year of study.
- Bursaries will only be offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first year of University.
- Changing your degree programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted.
- No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
Due to a possible postal strike and the likelihood of your application not reaching us before the closing date, we encourage applicants to make use of the Online Application Feature.
Alternatively, application forms can be downloaded from Investec website
If you require an application form to be posted to you, please sms the word INVESTEC, your name, surname, postal address & postal code to 31022. (Standard sms rates apply)
Completed application forms may still be submitted to the postal address, StudyTrust, Private bag X16, Braamfontein, 2017.
For applying online, please indicate in the relevant space that you are applying for an Investec bursary. We will, however, consider your application for other bursaries too, so you only have to apply ONCE.
· The closing date for requesting an application form is 31 August.
· The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of application
Acknowledgement of receipt
StudyTrust (the Investec bursary administrator) receives thousands of application forms each year and it is therefore not possible for us to acknowledge receipt of all completed forms. All applications will be considered and selection will take place from September to December. All applicants will be notified of the outcome not later than 31 December.
Contact StudyTrust if you need more information: